Labels

Saturday 22 February 2020

10 gifts to make your Mum smile



Mother's day is fast approaching and I don't know about you but a bunch of supermarket flowers and a box of chocolates just doesn't cut it for me and they're not something I'm happy to gift either. I want something different, I want something that's going to make me smile and better yet make my fabulous mother in law beam from ear to ear.

As you've clicked through to read this post, I'm guessing the same goes for you too. So, I've been on a bit of a hunt to find us all a range of gifts and gift ideas that will truly show those we love that we care, that we love them and that we've put a little more thought into this mother's day than just grabbing something with the weekly food shopping...


Let's start with the most important meal of the day - breakfast! We've all seen the films where mum gets treated to breakfast in bed and what better way to do that than with this fabulous personalised tray? Of course if you fancy this one for yourself you can always send the link to your partner 😉 Nothing like a very obvious hint is there? Available now from BA Custom Creations it can be personalised with your own message (up to 50 characters).


Sticking with the food theme for now, how about some of these beautiful hand decorated cookies from Completely Cookied. With a wide range of options available (and a cheeky discount code I spotted on their website too!) these would make a super cute and affordable gift. How sweet is the bath, dressing gown and slippers set!? Almost too good to eat. I might just have to order some for myself...


If you think the mum you're buying for would prefer something she can use to decorate her home then why not check out the next collection of makes. From the divine to the sublime, these are sure to tickle their fancy.


Beautiful flower wreaths have certainly risen in popularity over the last couple of years and I have seen some amazing representations made with real flowers on the various home accounts I follow over on Instagram. I've been thinking about making one that will last though utilising my crochet skills and have created this subtle piece. It's not yet available (as it will be featured in an upcoming market night I'm involved in) but if you fancy one for yourself in a different colourway then be sure to get in touch.



This beautiful mandala frame created by the super talented BubbaBee & Co is effortlessly stylish and will look at home on a dresser in the bedroom or in pride of place in the living room. With so many intricate details, it is certainly a piece to make the recipient smile.

Pretty in pink, this absolutely stunning needle felted Mother and Daughter figurine is from the fabulous Fae Folk Fairy Gardens. I'm not sure I've seen a more accurate representation of the bond between a mother and her daughter in this medium and it would certainly be a well received gift in this house! 



I bought a print from Personalised Prints by Hayley as a surprise gift for my husband at Christmas and he absolutely loved it. The options she has available for this year for Mother's day are wonderful and won't break the bank - I will certainly be directing my boys there if they want to spend their pocket money on my gift this year.  Which print is your favourite?


You know that old saying 'mums are like buttons, they hold everything together'? Well, what better way to say thank you by encouraging them to immerse themselves in a little bit of self care? 


Newly rebranded, F and S Scents now offer wax melts handmade in Bristol which are eco friendly, contain no plastic and have no uneccessary packaging. With a choice of snap bar or wax melts in a range of delicious sounding scents (fresh linen and eucalyptus sound AMAZING) they are a wonderful way to bring a calm, relaxing vibe to your home.


Pinks Prints Mothers day box including a print of your choice, a Mother's day card and £5 store credit will show your mum that you care as well as giving her the opportunity to be able to select one of the other gorgeous items available. The happiness box shown below was positively jam packed with loveliness.



Mel the organiser has a fantastic offer for a gift with a difference! A 4 hour organising session would be a great way to help your mum to finally detox the wardrobe, declutter the kitchen or make some inroads with the dreaded spare room! Or maybe they're a small business owner and the home office is in dire need of some organisation... whatever their needs, if they're based in Berkshire and the surrounding area, then be sure to contact Mel. I know I wish I lived nearer!!



Finally what about treating your mum to a mother and daughter well being cookery session? What better gift to give than the gift of your time? Love's Kitchen have a wonderful offering in the run up to Mother's day. Held at the Wellbeing Sanctuary in Epsom on 21st March, it will be a wonderful opportunity to bond with one another as well as learn some healthy recipes to nourish and restore. Tickets are for 2 people (minimum age 10 years). For more information and to book, click here.



I really hope that you've found this post useful and it's given you some inspiration for Mother's day this year. If you are still looking for some ideas, then check out the upcoming market night hosted by UK Crafters on both Facebook and Instagram. With a whole host of small businesses involved on both platforms there are sure to be some bargains to be had.

Thanks for reading!

Until next time,

Michelle ðŸ’œ



P.S. If you are a small business owner and would like to be featured in one of my upcoming blog posts then please do get in touch either through the comments here or via my Facebook and Instagram accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you if you've found this blog post helpful or if you would like a feature yourself.