Labels

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Tales of woe - football widow

Are we nearly there yet?  No, not the cries of my boys on a long journey, but me, sick of having my TV taken over.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind football and until this week it hasn't really bothered me, but... I have a couple of big problems.

My pretty perfect pleats
First of all, I started to make a little dress at the weekend and after carefully cutting out and marking up the pieces, I realised that I had missed cutting out a piece of the skirt and in fact did not have enough material.  Nightmare!! So I've had to shelve that particular project for now until I can find some more fabric that will work as I'm happy with what I have for the bodice.  I'm also pretty ticked off as my pinning for the pleats on the front skirt was pretty darn perfect.



Secondly, I have finished the book I was reading and I haven't been able to pop to the library to pick up another one.  This is the first time in a looooooong time that I haven't had some sort of reading material to hand and I'm actually starting to panic about it.  My library closes early on Thursday so I won't be able to get one tomorrow either so I'm going to have to wait until Friday.  It used to be that I had loads of books at home, but I gave most of them to charity to make way for the paraphernalia that small children bring so I am completely and utterly lost.  Bless my little boys though, they offered to lend me one of their story books - sadly though I'm not that in to superhero stories...

So as you can see, my go to forms of entertainment are sadly lacking this week.  I have been reliably informed, however, that there is a break in the football coming so I am booking in to watch this weeks Great British Sewing Bee that I have recorded.  Happily I have avoided any spoilers so far :)  Sewing Bee to me is  slightly more important than Game of Thrones (and I have to admit I am a big fan!) but as I am massively behind in 'GOT' I have  come to terms with finding out what is happening in that one.

In other news, it's my birthday next week and I have just been promised a trip to a wonderful fabric shop and haberdashery that I know of this weekend.  I'm not so sure that the football crazy hubby is prepared for my wish list though ;)  To be fair, while it's long I've had the bigger items bought for me over the last few years, like my dress form that I got the year before last so it shouldn't be too expensive, maybe, if I'm good and don't get distracted by all the pretty bolts of fabrics and bright shiny buttons, and the lace and the... oh who am I kidding?  I'll be like the proverbial kid in a sweetie shop!

I'm so excited about getting some new treats and being able to get back into my sewing room to make some new things. Who wouldn't be? It's a great place to sit, sew and create.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you if you've found this blog post helpful or if you would like a feature yourself.