Labels

Friday 26 April 2019

April 2019 finishes and WIPs

Hi! It's been busy this month with 3 birthdays in the house: little miss turned 2, Master G turned 10 and the hubby celebrated the big 40. That combined with Easter and the school holidays has made for a rather hectic household. I've still managed to find some time to do some crafting though. First of all, lets look at the finishes...

Please ignore the state of my kitchen
walls; we're mid refit
I don't know about you, but I really struggle in high street stores and supermarkets to find a card that I like nowadays.  If I do they seem to be pretty expensive for what is, realistically, a mass produced card. I don't mind paying a little extra for a handmade card from one of the many fabulous sellers that are around, but I quite often leave it too late and end up making my own. With birthday cakes, I usually have a request put in from the person whose birthday it is for my triple layer chocolate cake, and little miss A loves to help. I totally messed up with her birthday cake and forgot to add in the cocoa powder so she ended up with a triple layer jam sponge with icing and sprinkles on top. It still tasted good 😀




I've also (finally) finished the cushion covers that I started back in November last year. The fabric for the front of the pillows is from a pack of fat quarters I've had for a few years and used in a couple of other projects including a quilt for my bed and a sewing machine cover. I picked up the fabric for the back a couple of months ago from Hobbycraft. I've created a faux quilted front which I've then attached to the backing fabric to create an envelope style cushion cover (no zips, woohoo!). I'm pleased with the results and happy to finally have covered pillow inserts on my bed after having them uncovered for so long.


For work in progress (or WIPs), I'm still plugging away on the Lake Baikal cross stitch and making some good progress, nearing half way now. I've been pretty tired of an evening this week as we've been busy making memories during the day so I've been working more on my other WIP, the gorgeous new baby quilt I'm making for my cousin who is due in July.  It's a little easier on the brain as I can just add a few hexies of an evening and I don't need to read a chart or check I'm using the right colour thread like I do with the cross stitch. Baby is due in July so I also need to get my skates on with it!



I shared this photo on Instagram last weekend and was overwhelmed with the response it got. The fabric is super cute and I can't wait to show you all the finished quilt although that may be a little time yet (hopefully before baby makes their appearance though).

So that's us all caught up.  I'm off to play with the kids  now that the sun has reappeared after a wet and miserable day yesterday.

Until next time,

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you if you've found this blog post helpful or if you would like a feature yourself.