Labels

Wednesday 31 July 2019

July 2019 WIPs and finishes

Wow - what a month July was! Super hot here in the UK last week (bit too hot for me I'm not ashamed to admit). The boys broke up from school for the summer and I've been super busy networking on Facebook and Instagram as well as making, making, making!

Finishes

I finished a reversible quilt which is now up for sale in my Etsy shop. I machine stitched all the blocks together and finished it with some hand quilting. I love it and part of me wants to keep it, but little Miss has her own beautiful quilt already so it's up for grabs.

It's fully reversible with one side featuring some super cute animals including zebras, pandas and elephants, which make for a great conversation starter with a little one. The other side is a gorgeous Michael Miller fabric with beautiful clouds for when you're wanting to calm things down a little.

I whipped up this cute little bandana for my daughter with some leftover fabric, which she flatly refuses to wear!! I've popped it to one side for now in the hopes she may change her mind. She's so stubborn though and spends most of the time with her hair down like some sort of 'wildling' 😂

Still on the theme of hair attire, I whipped up this scrunchy - still deciding whether or not to add them to the Etsy shop...

... and I made this card for my sister-in-law for her birthday. She's an Art teacher in a secondary school. To say I felt a little intimidated drawing this would be an understatement. I'm sure she sees some amazing work from her students and I'm very aware that her artistic ability is far beyond anything I could achieve.

I also rustled up a pram blanket in a beautiful soft grey and white yarn, a gorgeous summery, butterfly print envelope cushion and a set of crochet coasters. These are all currently for sale - not yet listed in the Etsy shop, you can claim these by sending me a message on Facebook or Instagram.

My final finish for this month were samples for my Christmas products. My Christmas order book is now open and I have a 'Christmas in July' offer which ends VERY soon so if you want to grab yourselves a bargain be sure to head over to social media and let me know! These stockings are fully lined and made to my own design using fabrics that I have carefully chosen (literally hours spent trawling the Internet to find something I was happy with). They can be fully personalised to whatever name you need which is invaluable when you have a more unique name in the family.


Works in progress (WIPS)

Work continues on the Lake Baikal cross stitch. I've spent the last week thoroughly enjoying a big section of very similar colours where there are long lines of the same colour. After months of 'confetti' type stitching where I change colour every few stitches it has been refreshing to just stitch. I'm aiming to have three quarters of this finished by the end of August, fingers crossed. It has been a joy to watch this progress from plain fabric to a beautiful scene. I'm starting to contemplate my next cross stitch project and am tempted by one of the stunning Heaven and Earth Designs.

I've also started a little English paper piecing project - nowhere near the size of the blanket I made previously, but something to soothe the slow-stitching itch. I'm hoping to have this finished next month. I'll leave you in suspense about what it's going to be 😀


Until next time,

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you if you've found this blog post helpful or if you would like a feature yourself.