Labels

Friday 28 June 2019

June 2019 Finishes and WIPs

I feel like I haven't stopped this month - I've been crazy busy starting up my Etsy shop, trying to improve engagement on social media and in between all of that creating things to sell. Some have purely been prototypes so potential customers can see what their finished product would look like and some are ready to ship.

So what exactly have I been making. First the finished items...

I finished this absolutely stunning crochet blanket. The pattern is called the 'virus' blanket and I can totally imagine a little girl snuggled under this soft and cosy blanket when they're feeling under the weather.  The change in purple hues works really well and I have to admit I am really pleased with how it came out. You can't really tell from the photos, but in the middle purple, there is an added sparkle as it's a Twinkle yarn by James C Brett. This blanket is currently available for sale on Etsy

AS you'll have seen from a previous post, I went to my cousins baby shower this month and gave her the quilt I made for her new baby. I also made her a card...

... and speaking of card making with it being fathers day this month as well as my nephew's birthday I made a three other cards:

I made some place mats and coasters for our dining room using a tablecloth that we just never used and a fat quarter of Liberty fabric that I had found in the 'off cuts' basket at my local fabric shop. They cam out brilliantly and I'm excited to make some more for customers - those ones will all be made to order. Incidentally, I mentioned I wanted to re-purpose the tablecloth to my husband and then when I went to get it I couldn't find it anywhere it would normally have been so I assumed I must have taken it to the charity shop.  I was SO pleased to find it as it was the perfect colour for our dining room.

I've made a couple of sets of bunting to add to the Etsy shop. There is this cotton 'Bambi' themed one which is currently listed in the shop:

as well as this crochet heart one which hasn't yet been listed in the shop but is ready to go.


I've also been working out some designs for crocheted coasters which I've listed in the shop - these will be made to order using the customers' desired colours and combinations of patterns.

Well I did say I'd been busy!!

Current works in progress are my Lake Baikal cross stitch and another quilt (which I'm actually hoping to finish over the weekend). I'm please to report that I'm well over half way with my cross stitch and am actually starting to think about what I  might do next. I'm fortunate enough to have received some money for my birthday so I'm thinking I can put that towards another large-ish project. The quilt I'm working on is going to be put up for sale once it's finished, but here's a peak of the fabrics for the top:

So that's me.  If you haven't already I'd really appreciate it if you followed me on Facebook and/or Instagram if you're into social media. There's a giveaway happening on the Facebook page at the moment (ends 29th July 2019) which is completely free to enter - I just wanted to celebrate it being my birthday this month 😀

Until next time,

M x





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you if you've found this blog post helpful or if you would like a feature yourself.