Labels

Friday 8 February 2019

Slow progress...

It's been a tough few days so I've been glad of being at a straightforward stage on my jumper where I can just keep knitting, round and round in circles, not having to think too hard about it and allowing the simplicity to calm my mind. I haven't felt in the head space to do any cross stitching so I haven't even picked it up which makes me feel pretty guilty to be honest, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually. With the jumper I'm probably about two thirds of the way up the main body 'trunk' so need to knit a little further and then make a start on the sleeves. They should knit up a little quicker as there are less stitches per round although a lot more shaping.

I don't know if it's the weather, the heating being on or the hardness of the water round here but the skin on my hands is incredibly dry at the moment and I noticed that it has a tendency to snag on the yarn as I knit at the moment which causes a bit of 'bobbling' I suppose. It's frustrating but with a concerted effort on my part in applying hand cream it does seem to be improving, just a shame that I then have to wait for it to soak in fully before dong any knitting otherwise the yarn gets greasy.  I'm pretty rubbish at self care in general and I know that realistically I need to take better care of myself, it's just hard to fit in (as I'm sure the majority of parents will attest to). To an extent I suppose it could be argued that doing a bit of crafting is my self care as it's something that I enjoy so maybe I just need to find some more time to do it - anyone know where I can find an extra couple of hours each day?

Right. Stop moaning Makepeace and focus on the positives!
These are the pull out storage we're getting for two
cupboards - they looked fab in the shop

We're making good progress in the kitchen.  All the wallpaper is now off the walls, the myriad of small holes from screws, poorly plaster and where the worktop was fitted have been filled and we've made a start on sanding down some of the woodwork in preparation for painting (such a SLOW job).  The most exciting thing for me this week though has been that we have ordered the kitchen units, the doors, the worktop and two pull out storage 'things'. With it being a small kitchen I wanted to maximise the space as much as possible. I'm quite excited about these though as it will mean that I no longer have to dive into the deep, dark depths of a cupboard (with the spiders, eeek!!). Everything will be arriving 2 weeks today and I CANNOT wait. Just need to make sure that we have done as much as humanly possible to prepare the room for the new units.

Finally, something that made me smile this week was how much little miss enjoyed her Messy Play session. I thought I'd share it with you all too as she made such a mess, but thoroughly enjoyed herself as always.
Exploring a new texture and turning herself into an Oompa Loompa 😂

Until next week,

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you if you've found this blog post helpful or if you would like a feature yourself.