Labels

Friday 8 March 2019

Weekly catch up

Doors are on, just need to plumb in the
dishwasher when it arrives, add some more
worktop to the left of the cooker and move the a
cupboard and then add the new cooker. Then it's
decorating time!!
So I've been a little MIA the last couple of weeks. Basically with the kitchen refit and a stinking cold, half term for us was a bit of a right off and that cold/virus thing has lingered and I've still been suffering with it over the last week. It's left me pretty exhausted but I've still been crafting away of an evening as for me it's the best type of self-care. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

The kitchen project is coming along nicely although we've stalled a little now as we're waiting on tradesmen to do a couple of jobs that we can't. One's on holiday and one is super busy and the day he was supposed to come his little one was poorly so I need to get it rearranged. We will get there though, and we at least have a functioning kitchen again It may be small, but for the first time since we moved in to this house I finally feel like it's the best use of the space. Washing up in the bathroom sink for 2/3 days was NOT fun though and did force us to think about what we were having to eat (so we cheated and ate out haha).



As you can see we had some help (and some hindrance) with the kitchen refit. Little miss really enjoyed getting involved and particularly enjoyed climbing into the cupboards. She was not impressed when we added shelves and put plates etc. back in!

Jumper wise I've finished one of the sleeves and have made a good start on the second sleeve. I'm reasonably tall and have long arms so I tend to add a good 2-3 inches extra to any pattern to gain the desired length. It's been fun knitting in the round though and has meant I've had more of an idea about the length as I can 'try it on'. I'm hoping to get it finished this month - just in time for the warmer days, I didn't think that one through did I? - and when it's fully completed I'll do a more thorough review and publish the pattern.

 I've been getting my cross stitch on as well and have started to enjoy it again even though it's a 'confetti' section where there is a lot of changing colours. As I've mentioned before, the size of the Lake Baikal means that it is by no means a quick project and this one probably won't be completed until Christmas time. That was the point of that project though, something I could get my teeth into  and that would last a while. Over on Instagram I joined in with the #saturdaynightcraftalong and it was great to see some other crafty peoples work. There are some absolutely gorgeous creations that really get you inspired.

I'm very conscious that I haven't had any completed projects for a little while - it feels more like I've become a serial starter rather than finisher which I find frustrating as I love the buzz I get from a completed craft project. I'm going to try and focus on completing one project a month as a minimum and then blog the highs, lows and what I've learnt along the way for those projects. That's the plan anyway! I have got one finish to show you, but you'll have to wait until next week for that one as the recipient hasn't seen it yet 😁

I'm going to leave it there for today and go have some fun with little miss.

Until next time,

M x




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you if you've found this blog post helpful or if you would like a feature yourself.